Thursday, February 17, 2005

Flashcoders down again.....

Dont know whats up with Flashcoders these days.

This is the second time in a week that its been down, and when it goes down it goes down for days on end (2 days already this time).....

What with all the problems with searching the archives after the recent service upgrade, makes you wonder whats up.

I know its a free service so one should try to support not complain but I regard it as an important business resource, its format as a mailing list makes it vastly more valuable than web forum based sites.

So if there is an underlying issue maybe the community as a whole needs to address it before we all lose an important resource.

And just to make it very clear... Thanks! to the guys who do provide FlashCoders, whoever you are, my frustration is only becuase youve made it so good its a pain not have it around..



4 comments:

  1. I agree this is probably the first place I go before tackling a tough problem.
    Dare I say, yes ... I would donate a dollar or two to have it up (more) reliably these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep totally agree with you.
    Whilst I think it is important that FlashCoders remains free to use, as charging for it I believe would destroy the very community that is of value, if money is an issue then asking for donations wouldn't be inappropriate.
    But it all depends on what the issue really is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i doubt if money is the issue here... figleaf.com owns the list; i don't think they shd be cash-strapped to the extent of not being able to keep a mailing list running... probably some scripts running amok, with branden and the rest too busy (maybe) to keep them in check... good to know, though, that i'm not the only one suffering from FCWS ;P
    -- eokyere

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully they are working on the archives search functionality. Since the 'upgrade' it's very hard to follow a thread, and the search results don't seem so good. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain about a free service...

    ReplyDelete